Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Classic Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- small handful arugula, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I made homemade, since its such a prominent taste in these eggs)
- a few grinds fresh pepper
- smoked or regular paprika for garnish
- Hard boil the eggs: put 6 raw eggs in a pot with water to cover by about 1 inch. Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. When the water has cooled to the point where its comfortable to stick your hand in to grab the eggs, that means theyre done. Remove and cool completely in the fridge. Peel and then cut in half along the longer axis.
- Take the egg yolk out from both halves and place in a bowl. Gently mash them, then add the salt, mustard, mayo, pepper, and arugula. Taste for seasonings and correct if necessary.
- For homemade mayo:
- 1 fresh, organic egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup oil
Directions:View on Big Girls Small Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?