Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Classic Christmas pudding
- 50g blanched almonds
- 2 large Bramley cooking apples
- 200g box candied peel (in large pieces) or all citron if you can find it
- 1 whole nutmeg (you'll use three quarters of it)
- 1kg raisins
- 140g plain flour
- 100g soft fresh white breadcrumbs
- 100g light muscovado sugar , crumbled if it looks lumpy
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp brandy or cognac, plus extra to flame
- 250g packet butter , taken straight from the fridge
- 175g unsalted butter , softened
- grated zest of half an orange
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 4 tbsp brandy or cognac
- 2 pieces of stem ginger , finely chopped
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?