Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Classic Cheese Fondue
- sliced bananas, apples, pears, peaches, or pineapples, or dried fruit, orange sections, strawberries, cherries, raspberries, blackberries, or grapes. Whatever is seasonal.
- mixed-grain and whole wheat breads, crusty French or Italian bread, pita wedges, fresh tortillas, tortilla chips, croissants, bread sticks, naan, focaccia, or baked polenta cubes. In my book, I include recipes for variations like chipotle or spicy bean fondue which go nicely with the fresh tortillas, etc.
- Blanched vegetables:
- broccoli, asparagus, green beans, snow peas, or snap peas. Blanch in a pot of lightly salted boiling water for a minute or two to soften them up just a bit. Drain them well before putting them out on a serving tray.
- Raw or roasted vegetables:
- brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper slices, celery sticks, roasted potato wedges, roasted sweet potatoes, parsnips or roasted mushrooms.
- Cakes and sweet things:
- angel food cake cubes,
- graham crackers
- , marshmallows, tiny brownies, tiny cookies, ladyfingers, shortbread, amaretti, biscotti, crystallized ginger chunks, or meringues.
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?