Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Cinnamon Spiked Black-Eyed Peas Curry
- 1 cup dried black-eyed peas
- 1 small onion or 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 to 3 fresh green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 small tomato, partially seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder or Kashmiri chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon amchoor (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 to 3 black cardamon pods, slightly crushed
- a few handfuls of dried and crumbled curry leaves (or 1 to 2 bay leaves)
- handful of fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?