Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Christmas goose with root veg, sticky pears & bramble gravy
- 4-5kg oven-ready goose , trussed for roasting
- 2 oranges
- 4 bay leaves
- bunch thyme
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 8 medium carrots , peeled but left whole
- 8 medium parsnips , peeled but left whole
- 4 turnips , peeled and halved or quartered
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 100ml good-quality red wine vinegar
- jar bramble jelly (Tiptree does a good one; if you can't find it, use blackberry jam)
- 100ml strong chicken stock
- 6 pears
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- large bag watercress , to serve
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?