Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Christmas Lima Bean Stew
- 1 pound / 450g dried Christmas Lima beans
- OR equivalent cooked beans ~ 2.5 pounds / 1.2 kg*
- 16 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large heads of celery, preferably with leaves, trimmed then sliced into 2 cm / 3/4-inch chunks
- 3 bunches of scallions, green parts included
- OR if spring onions are in season, I use about 12 of those, either way slice into 1/3-inch / 1cm rounds
- 8 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- scant 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, lightly crushed
- fine grain sea salt
- 1 28-ounce can whole plum tomatoes, drained, rinsed, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 - 4 teaspoons celery salt **
- 5 1/2 cups water or broth -or combination)
- oily black olives, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/8ths
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?