Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Choucroute Garni A La Juive
- 4 lbs. sauerkraut
- 3 tablespoons goose duck fat, or vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb. pastrami or smoked goose breast diced
- 1 medium onion peeled and sliced thin plus 1 whole onion, peeled
- 2 cups dry white Alsatian wine (about)
- 2 cups water (about)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon caraway
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 4 whole cloves
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 medium potatoes peeled, washed and quartered
- 2 lbs. corned beef (cured and cooked)
- 6 kosher frankfurters or sausages
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?