Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chocolate Custard Tartlets in Almond Cookie Crust with Saffron Ice Cream
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (generous) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- Fresh mint sprigs
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?