Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chipotle Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo, 1 for mild, 2 for spicy), chopped
- 8 cups chopped, cooked pumpkin* (1 7-8 pound cooking pumpkin to yield 8 cups cooked pumpkin, or 3 15-ounce cans of canned pumpkin)
- 4 to 6 cups chicken stock, depending on desired thickness and how thick your pumpkin pure is (use vegetable stock for vegetarian option, can sub water for some of the stock)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Toasted, shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Creme fresca, creme fraiche or sour cream thinned with a little water so that it's runny
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?