Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chinese-style braised beef one-pot
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- good thumb-size piece fresh root ginger , peeled and shredded
- 1 bunch spring onions , sliced
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1kg braising beef , cut into large pieces (we used ox cheek)
- 2 tbsp plain flour , well seasoned
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 star anise (optional)
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar (or use whatever you've got)
- 3 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce , plus more to serve
- 500ml beef stock (we used Knorr Touch of Taste)
- steamed bok choi and steamed basmati rice, to serve
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?