Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chinese braised beef with ginger
- 2 - 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1kg beef shin or brisket , cut into very large chunks
- 2 onions
- 50g ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- small bunch coriander
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 6 whole star anise
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 100g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 50ml dark soy sauce
- 50ml light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato pure
- beef stock
- thumb-sized chunk ginger , shredded into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- cooked jasmine rice
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?