Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chinese Rice Soup (Congee)
- 1½ cups Jasmine or Carolina rice (this is one of the few instances where Basmati isn’t an appropriate long-grain variety)
- 2 quarts broth or water, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 4 ounces pickled Chinese vegetables (see Notes), rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions, both green and white parts, finely chopped
- Leaves from 1 bunch of cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped hot fresh chilies, such as Thai chilies or serrano chilies, or 5 tablespoons milder (but still hot) chilies such as jalapeños
- Soy sauce (even though this dish is Chinese, I prefer Japanese dark soy sauce)
- 1 pound pork tenderloins, the thin end of a beef tenderloin, lean steaks, or leftover meats
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or more as needed (if you’re sautéing raw meat as a condiment)
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 306kcal (15%)|
|Total Fat 6g (10%)|
|Saturated Fat 1g (7%)|
|Cholesterol 49mg (16%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|