Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chinese Brisket and Turnip Stew Recipe
- 1 (4- to 5-pound) beef brisket , trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 (1/4-inch-thick) slices fresh, unpeeled ginger
- 8 medium garlic cloves , smashed
- 1/4 cup chu hou paste
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water , plus more for blanching the brisket
- 3 star anise pods
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt , plus more as needed
- 2 pounds turnips or daikon radish
- 1 bunch scallions
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?