Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chili con Carne
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 pounds well-trimmed boneless beef chuck (from about 5 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cube
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 head of garlic (about 15 cloves), peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup ground ancho chiles
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 12-ounce bottle dark beer
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons masa (corn tortilla mix)
- Coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped green and/or red onion
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced fresh tomatoes (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Ingredient info: Ground ancho chiles are available in the spice section of super markets and at Latin markets. Masa (or masa harina) is sold at super markets and Latin markets.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?