Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chiles en Nogada (Chilies in Walnut Sauce)
- 2 lbs of boneless pork
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp salt, or to taste
- 6 Tbsp of lard or the fat from the broth
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- The cooked meat (about 3 cups - note if you use more than 3 cups, you will need to increase the amounts of the other ingredients)
- A molcajete (mortar and pestle)
- 8 peppercorns
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/2 inch stick cinnamon
- 3 heaping Tbsp of raisins
- 2 Tbsp blanched and slivered almonds
- 2 heaping Tbsp acitron or candied fruit, chopped
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds of tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 pear, cored, peeled and chopped
- 1 peach, pitted, peeled and chopped
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?