Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chickpeas with Yogurt and Fresh Mustard Greens
- 1 1/2 cups dried chickpeas, rinsed and soaked overnight in enough water to cover
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 - 6 fresh red or green chilies or jalapeos, seeded and chopped
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1- to 2-inch piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee or a mixture of butter and oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or 1 1/2-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and finely grated or chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- generous handful of fresh or dried curry leaves
- a few pinches of asafetida
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pound fresh mustard greens, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup plain whole fat yogurt
- scant 1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?