Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chickpeas with Spinach
- 1/2 pound (1 generous cup) dried chickpeas
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small ham hock (optional)
- About 1 1/4 pounds spinach, tough stems removed, rinsed, and coarsely chopped (about 10 loosely packed cups or 1 pound after trimming)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 slice country bread, crust removed
- Generous pinch of saffron threads, warmed and crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted in a dry pan until fragrant and finely ground
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup coarsely flaked cooked salt cod (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced cooked ham if using ham hock or 1/2 cup if not using hock (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of sherry vinegar, as needed
- 4 eggs, fried sunny-side up, or 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped (optional)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?