Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chicken and Dumplings
- 4 pounds chicken thighs and breast parts, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 teaspoons butter or olive oil
- 1 quart chicken stock (homemade is best)
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or vermouth (optional)
- 1 Tbsp of heavy cream (optional)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- Ground black or white pepper
- 2 cups cake flour (can sub all-purpose flour, but use cake flour if you have it, your dumplings will be fluffier)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herb leaves such as parsley, chives, and tarragon (optional)
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?