Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chicken and Andouille Gumbo Recipe
- 1 4- to 5-pound chicken
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (either purchased or
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sliced okra
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?