Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chicken & red wine casserole with herby dumplings
- 6 part-boned chicken breasts or boned for slow cooker (see below)
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 onions , each peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 200g smoked bacon lardons
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and sliced
- 300g large flat mushrooms , sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp redcurrant sauce
- 3 strips of peeled orange zest
- 300ml red wine
- 300ml chicken stock
- 100g self-raising flour , plus extra for dusting
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 140g butter , cubed
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
- 2 medium eggs , lightly beaten
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?