Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chicken la King Recipe
- 3 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken breasts and whole chicken legs (about 2 each), or 4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 5 sprigs fresh Italian parsley
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms , cleaned and stems trimmed
- 2 medium shallots
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt , plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , plus more as needed
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shelled fresh or frozen peas (about 4 1/2 ounces, thawed if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon dry or amontillado sherry
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?