Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chicken Soup with Root Vegetables
- 1 3 1/4- to 3 1/2-pound reserved
- 1 chicken carcass (reserved from carved roast chicken)
- 5 quarts water
- 1 large onion, halved, plus 1 cup chopped
- 4 peeled garlic cloves; 2 whole, 2 sliced
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks, plus 1 1/2 cups 1/3-inch cubes peeled carrot
- 3 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 4 Turkish bay leaves, divided
- 4 large fresh Italian parsley sprigs plus chopped parsley (for garnish)
- 4 large fresh thyme sprigs plus 2 teaspoons chopped
- 12 whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups 1/3-inch cubes peeled celery root
- 1 1/2 cups 1/3-inch cubes peeled red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1 cup 1/3-inch cubes peeled parsnips
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?