Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chicken Soup with Asparagus and Shiitakes, Served with Roasted Fennel Matzoh Balls
- 2 small-medium fennel bulbs (about 1 pound, weighed with 2 inches of top stalks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, preferably homemade or good-quality, low-sodium purchased
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- About 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons matzoh meal
- 7 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1/4 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and reserved for another use or discarded, caps wiped clean with a damp paper towel and thinly sliced
- 12 to 15 thin asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?