Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Chestnut and Fennel Soup
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped onion (about one medium onion)
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 2 large ribs)
- 4 cups chopped fennel (about 2 large bulbs)
- 2 good cooking apples (I used fuji. Jonagold, Jonathan, Golden delicious, or Braeburn would be good, do NOT use red delicious), peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh thyme (or a teaspoon of dried)
- 15 to 16 ounces of peeled roasted chestnuts (jarred is best), chopped (do NOT use water chestnuts)
- 4 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
- 3 cups water
- 1 to 2 Tbsp of Pernod or Pastis (optional)
- 2 or 3 Tbsp of sour cream (more or less to taste)
- Sprigs of fennel fronds for garnish
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?