Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Cheese-Smothered Onion Soup
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soft margarine or butter
- 8 cups (about 2 to 3) (2 L) thinly sliced Spanish onions
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) dried thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) all purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 6 slices French bread, about ¾-inch (2 cm) thick
- 1½ cups (500 mL) shredded light Swiss cheese
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 240kcal (12%)|
|Total Fat 6g (9%)|
|Saturated Fat 2g (9%)|
|Cholesterol 9mg (3%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|