Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Cheddar Topped Cottage Pie
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (either store-bought or homemade. I likeThe Pioneer Woman's recipe)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, such as safflower
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, quartered if large, and thinly sliced
- 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar (6 ounces)
- DirectionsHeat oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high. Add carrots, celery, onion, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add flour and tomato paste; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beef; cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 6 to 8 minutes. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil, and simmer 1 minute. Set beef filling aside.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?