Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Charles Phan's Green Papaya Salad with Rau Ram, Peanuts, and Crispy Shallots
- 2 cups canola oil
- 6 ounces medium-firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 3- by 3-inch squares, 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large green papaya (about 2 pounds), peeled, halved, seeded, and finely julienned with a mandoline or sharp knife (about 5 cups shredded)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh rau ram (Vietnamese coriander) or a mixture of spearmint and cilantro
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise into half moons (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons
- or canola oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, finely chopped, for garnish
- 1/3 cup
- , for garnish
Directions:View on Serious Eats
Why don't we display directions?