Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Champagne Summer Shortcake
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose, whole wheat pastry, or white whole wheat)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 stick of organic, unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- a scant 1 cup organic milk
- 1 egg white
- A bit of coarse sea salt
- Honey-champagne syrup:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup champagne (alternately, sparkling water or just water)
- Summer fruit:
- - I used a mix of tiny black mission figs, black pluots, and yellow nectarines. Sliced into tiny wedges. Figure on about 1/2 cup of fruit per shortcake.
- a pint of top notch vanilla ice cream (I used Laloo's goat milk ice cream)
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?