Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Catalan-Style Fresh Sardine Escabeche
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 2 pounds fresh sardine or mackerel fillets with skin (see cooks note, below)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 large red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika ()
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Sherry vinegar
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (3-by 1/2-inch) strip orange
- 1 (3-by 1/2-inch) strip lemon
- Equipment: a 3-quart shallow dish (2 inches deep)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?