Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Carnitas and Guacamole Pizza
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder or pork butt, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 10 oz of your favorite salsa
- For the Guacamole2 Hass avocados
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Chipotle tabasco to taste (I used about 1 tsp)
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Pizza1 package store bought pizza dough
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded habanero cheese, or pepperjack cheese
- 1 recipe Gaby's Carnitas
- 1 recipe Gaby's Chipotle Guacamole
- InstructionsFor the CarnitasIn a large oven proof pan combine the cubed pork, stock, orange juice and salsa, this mixture should totally cover the pork, if not add a little water until the pork is submerged. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and simmer with the lid on for 3.5 hours, at which point the pork should be falling apart to the touch. Remove the lid and let the pork cook for about 20 minutes more until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove the pan from the heat and shred the carnitas with 2 forks and set aside.
Directions:View on Whats Gaby Cooking
Why don't we display directions?