Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Carne guisada, Tex-Mex stew
- 4 pounds of chuck or bottom round beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons of peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 14.05 oz. can of diced tomatoes or 3 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 serrano peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of water
- 1 12 oz. bottle of dark Mexican beer such as Negro Modelo1 tablespoon of flour (optional)
Directions:View on Homesick Texan
Why don't we display directions?