Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
"Carbonnade la Flamande" Short Ribs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 whole star anise*
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds beef short ribs (about 8)
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 12-ounce bottles Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale or other brown ale
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 12-ounce bottle Guinness stout
- 16 pitted prunes
- 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 5 x 3 x 1/2-inch slice crusty country-style bread
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Special equipment: Cheesecloth
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?