Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Capirotada with Bananas, Pecans and Prunes
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound piloncillo, grated, or about 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ceylon or true cinammon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 challah or brioche, preferably a couple days old, cut into 1/2 inch slices or cubed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted for brushing bread, plus more for greasing the casserole
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
- 4 oz, or about 1 cup, crumbled Queso Fresco, Aejo or Cotija
- Ground cinnamon, optional, to sprinkle ontop
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?