Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- 2 cups self-rising flour (plus extra for flouring your surface)
- 2 tsp sugar (Optional)
- tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp vegetable shortening (see Baking Tips below)
- 4 Tbsp butter (chilled)
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk (plus 1-2 tbsp more, if needed)
- 1 tbsp melted butter (Optional: to brush on top of biscuits after baking)
- 1 lb sage-flavored pork sausage
- cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- tsp poultry seasoning
- tsp ground nutmeg
- tsp salt
- 1-2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 dashes of Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, or other hot sauce
- 1-2 tbsp butter or bacon grease (if needed)
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?