Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Buttermilk Bacon Pralines
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Directions1. In a heavy deep saucepan, combine the sugars, the buttermil, corn syrup, baking soda and salt. Cook slowly over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the mixture reaches 235 on a candy thermometer.2. Remove from heat and add butter, vanilla, pecans, orange zest and bacon and beat with a wooden spoon until creamy. Be very careful - this stuff is HOT.3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a silicone mat or buttered parchment paper. Let stand for 30 minutes or until cool and firm.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?