Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Buttermilk-Lemon Chess Pie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour , plus more for rolling out the dough
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter , chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup shortening , frozen and cut into small pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup buttermilk , at room temperature
- 4 large eggs , at room temperature
- 4 large egg yolks , at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from about 1 medium lemon)
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?