Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Buddhist Vegetarian Stew (Lo Han Jai)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 fresh brown and/or white mushrooms (remove stems and slice caps)
- 8 fresh Chinese water chestnuts (peel and quarter) or cup fresh jicama, sliced
- 1 carrot (peel and cut into julienne strips)
- 2 cups Napa cabbage (torn into small strips)
- 1 cup vegetarian broth
- 1 cup firm tofu (bean cake) (cut to cubes)
- 8 snow peas or snap peas (remove strings and cut to thin slivers)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low-sodium preferred)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed well with 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Chinese parsley (cilantro) for garnish
- 2 ounces bean thread (cover with water and boil for 5 min, then drain)
- cup fresh tofu skin (yuba) (cut to bite-size pieces)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?