Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Bucatini with Onion, Bacon, and Tomato
- One 28-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt, or to taste, plus 1 tablespoon for the pasta pot
- 4 cups 1/3-inch-thick onion slices (about ¾ pound)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 4 plump garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 ounces guanciale, pancetta, or bacon, cut in ½-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon peperoncino flakes
- 1 pound bucatini or perciatelli
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for passing
- A heavy-bottomed skillet or sauté pan, 13- or 14-inch diameter
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 613kcal (31%)|
|Total Fat 28g (43%)|
|Saturated Fat 9g (43%)|
|Cholesterol 34mg (11%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 70g|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|