Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Bucatini with Onion, Bacon, and Tomato
- One 28-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt, or to taste, plus 1 tablespoon for the pasta pot
- 4 cups 1/3-inch-thick onion slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 4 plump garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 6 ounces guanciale, pancetta, or bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon peperoncino flakes
- 1 pound bucatini or perciatelli
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for passing
- A heavy-bottomed skillet or saut pan, 13- or 14-inch diameter
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?