Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Brown Bread Stuffing with Chestnuts, Apples, and Sausage Recipe
- 1/4 cup duck fat or unsalted butter (1/2 stick), plus more for coating the baking dish
- 6 slices pumpernickel or dark rye bread (about 1/2 loaf), crusts removed, medium dice
- 6 slices wheat bread (about 1/2 loaf), crusts removed, medium dice
- 5 sweet Italian sausages (about 1 pound), casings removed
- 1 medium yellow onion , medium dice
- 1/4 cup torn fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 2 medium celery stalks, medium dice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples , peeled and cored, medium dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped steamed or roasted chestnuts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?