Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Brisket Braised in Porter
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard (such as Colman's)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 6-pound flat-cut brisket, trimmed but with some fat still attached
- 2 tablespoons rendered bacon fat or olive oil
- 4 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth, divided
- 1 12-ounce bottle porter or stout
- 6 whole pitted prunes
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons (packed) dark brown sugar
- 6 cups thinly sliced onions (2 1/2 pounds)
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound medium carrots, peeled, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (or more) malt vinegar
- Heavy extra-large wide ovenproof pot
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?