Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Brined Fried Chicken
- 2 chickens, 3 pounds each, cut into 8 pieces each
- Brine (recipe follows)
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for frying (I cook 4 pieces of chicken at a time in 8 cups of oil in a 5-quart pot.)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?