Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Bread and Butter Pickles
- 2 1/2 lbs pickling cucumbers (fresh from the market)
- 1 pound white or yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pickling salt (can use Kosher salt as a substitute, regular table salt has additives in it that will turn the pickles dark and muddy the color of the pickle juice)
- 1 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 6 allspice berries plus a pinch of ground allspice
- 6 whole cloves plus a pinch of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 5 pint-sized canning jars, clean, unused lids, metal screw bands for the lids (see Canning jars and lids)
- 1 16-qt canning pot with rack
- Jar lifters or tongs
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?