Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised beef in red wine
- 2kg boned shin or feather blade of beef , cut into 6 x 2.5cm thick steaks (ask your butcher to do this)
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 3 tbsp clarified butter (see tip, below)
- 1l (2 bottles) full-bodied red wine
- 3 medium carrots , cut into 2cm thick slices
- 1 celery stick, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 30 baby onions or shallots, peeled but left whole
- 9 garlic cloves , peeled but left whole
- 2 tsp black peppercorns , crushed
- 1 bouquet garni (made with a few parsley stalks, 4 bay leaves and 6 thyme sprigs, tied together with string)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 300g button mushrooms , trimmed
- 150g Jambugo ham , finely sliced, or any smoked bacon such as pancetta or lardons, freshly fried
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?