Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Veal Breast with Herbs, Pernod, and Tomatoes
- 1 (4 3/4- to 5-pound) large end of veal breast (about 8 bones), cut between bones into individual ribs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 (10-ounce) bag pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup brine-cured green olives (such as picholine; about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?