Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Lamb Shanks with Olives, Lemon, and Tomatoes
- 8 3/4-pound lamb shanks
- 2/3 cup (about) mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions (about 2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 28-ounce can plum tomatoes in juice, tomatoes coarsely crushed, juice reserved
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, all peel and white pith cut away, segments cut from between membranes and reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley plus additional for sprinkling
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?