Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Lamb Shanks with Fennel and Baby Potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 6 lamb shanks (about 1 pound each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 large fennel bulbs (about 1 1/2 pounds total), cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 pound baby red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound medium carrots (about 3), peeled, cut into 3-inch lengths, halved lengthwise, if large
- 1/4 cup pitted, halved green olives (such as Picholine or Lucques), divided
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- A spice mill (optional)
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?