Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Lamb Shanks with Coriander, Fennel, and Star Anise
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 4 large lamb shanks (about 5 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 celery stalks, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small leek, white and pale green parts only, cut crosswise into 11/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups ruby Port
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?