Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Lamb Shanks
- 6 lamb foreshanks
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ribs of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 whole head of garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups beef broth and 2 cups chicken (I use Pacific Organic Beef Broth and Homemade Chicken Stock)
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?