Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Braised Italian-Style Pot Roast
- One 5-inch sprig fresh thyme
- 5 fresh Italian, flat leafed parsley stems
- 2 dried bay leaves or 1 fresh bay leaf
- One 5-inch sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 juniper berries, crushed
- One 2-pound piece shoulder of beef, bottom round, or pot roast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped onion (1 medium-size onion)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped carrot (1 medium-size carrot)
- 1 bottle (750ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms, coarsely chopped and soaked in 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups canned whole or crushed plum tomatoes
- Chicken broth or water as needed
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry red or white wine
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?